South AFRICAN Safari tours,
John Woodhouse is not only a wildlife photographer. His knowledge and understanding of the African bush and its animals is exceptional. He is fluent in the Zulu language and has an immense respect for the traditional Zulu people and their rich culture. These skills make John the perfect African safari guide.
John specialises in small groups with a customised itinerary. The safaris generally have a leaning towards photographing wildlife in some of the most spectacular private reserves in South Africa. The recommended safari lodges are chosen for their hospitality, comfort and size; where often in the smaller, more intimate lodges, a tour group can occupy the whole lodge. When it comes to game drives, the flexibility is also a very important benefit of the smaller lodges.
The best game viewing seasons are from mid-Autumn through to late Spring. The maximum number of safari guests is 8. A popular itinerary is described below.
Time : 14 Days + 13 Nights
Location : South Africa
Cost : To be confirmed by Oct. 2016.
Notes : Wildlife, Scenic and Cultural Safari
Suits : Couples, Photography Enthusiasts.
This tour suits couples that are photographic enthusiasts who would also like to experience the local cuisine and culture. This is also a great way for a group of friends to experience South Africa for the first time.
– View the scenic wonder of the Drakensberg Mountains.
– Travel along the KZN Midlands Meander route, see local arts and crafts and sample the local cuisine.
– Stay at a luxurious private Safari Lodge situated in the Nambiti Game reserve.
– Interact with Cheetah at Kwa Cheetah conservation reserve.
– Fly to Cape Town, the scenically breathtaking Mother city.
– Visit Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was incarcerated.
– Ascend to the summit of Table Mountain by cable car or by foot.
– Spend a leisurely day visiting stunning centuries-old wineries and lunching at an amazing restaurant in Stellenbosch.
– Visit Cape point and stop at quaint fishing villages along the way. Marvel at the breathtaking vistas en-route.
– Photograph Table Mountain from across the bay and sip cocktails on the beach at sunset.
– Explore the city and harbour, visiting vibrant markets and tasting local Cape Malay fare.
Tour dates for 2017 will be announced in August 2016.
Information evenings at the Orangery Gallery in Shenton Park, Perth, will be held once these dates have been confirmed.
Land Content - AUD$6500,00 (To be confirmed by Oct. 2016).
Twin Share, Incl. ALL accommodation & most meals, ALL park entry fees, ALL Transport and Flights within the country.
For Enquiries, contact John Woodhouse –
I was fortunate to have been hosted by John Woodhouse on a three-week guided tour of South Africa. From the moment we were welcomed with a beaming smile, John’s enthusiasm and attentive, warm hospitality was obvious.
Within a few short hours of meeting John, it was clear that he has a deep affection and respect for the people, the land and the abundant wildlife of Africa. This is evident in the close relationships and understanding he has developed with the locals and he is able to gain access to people, places and events that are rarely available to tourists. His ability to converse in Zulu and Afrikaans was amazing to observe.
This access provided countless photographic opportunities and experiences including breath-taking landscapes, fascinating people, and of course, the majestic wildlife of this amazing country. John has an incredible knowledge of his homeland’s history, natural environment and its unique native flora and fauna. As he shared his knowledge and passion, I felt invited to enter into his world, making for a most personal, emotional and rewarding life experience.
John willingly shared his outstanding photographic and post-production expertise with everyone throughout the tour. Whether on location, accessing our computers or over a sumptuous dinner, John spent countless hours teaching, demonstrating, guiding and encouraging us to develop our photographic skills. I certainly have learned more in this three weeks than in any course I have ever attended.
Thank you John. You were instrumental in making this the most amazing and memorable trip of my life.